Another Procedure in Processing Banana Chips
1. Peel under-ripe green bananas and evenly slice lengthwise into 5 mm. – 8 mm. thick. Saba may be used as raw material.
2. Immediately soak the sliced bananas (chips) into citric acid solution (made by mixing 1 part lemon juice with 2-3 parts water) for 3-5 minutes to prevent them from turning brown. Note: Solution can be used twice.
3. Drain chips from the solution using plastic sieve.
4. Dip the drained chips in syrup solution (done by mixing 1 cup of sugar with 3 cups of boiling water and adding 1 cup of honey) for 3-5 minutes.
5. Drain the chips from syrup solution and place them in drying tray.
6. Let the chips dry under the sun for 2 days until texture becomes rubbery soft.
7. Heat vegetable oil in the frying pan to 180oC – 200ºC degrees Celsius and dip the chips until they turn golden yellow. .
8. Drain the oil from the chips and allow to cool to room temperature.
9. Place the chips in moisture-proof polyethylene bags, label, and seal the bags. Place them in a cool place away from direct sunlight.
10. Banana chips are now ready for market.
Visit our Facebook page for more updates.
Want to know more About us? Click here.<